Tour The Historical Center
Mother Mosque Historical Center Hours:
Tuesday – 10am-4pm
Thursday – 10am -4pm
All other hours are by appointment only – please fill out the tour request form.
Please note: If you are requesting tour times and hours of operation during periods of severe winter weather or extreme heat – call ahead of time.
No fee for entrance – however suggested donation minimum amount of $5 each.
TIPS FOR YOUR VISIT:
The Mother Mosque Historical Center has two floors. The lower floor is the social section and the upper floor is the prayer section.
- We ask that during visits to the Mosque that you wear modest clothing.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Pictures are allowed!
- Bring your family and friends!
Parking in back of building with handicap parking.
1335 9th St Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405
There are historical marker signages that you can follow –
- 1st Ave on bridge coming to Cedar Rapids
- 1st St. near the Cedar River
- L Ave and 1st St. –
- Ellis Blvd – showing the mosque is 2 blocks away
- Beginning of L ave